Note: There is a video tutorial in this article
Have you ever thought about how much time you spend on Twitter, Facebook, or any of the social networks?
If you’ve never measured how much time you spend on social media, then I can almost guarantee you that the amount of time that you spend on them is WAY more than you think.
I used to think that I only spent 1 hour a day on social media sites until I signed up for this one app that actually measures everything that you do on your computer and puts it into charts.
I was spending sometimes up to 3 hours a day on social media sites, especially on Twitter!
Your time is valuable and today, I’m going to share with you an app that can literally give you 14 hours of your week back (depending on how much you use social media).
Can you use an extra 14 hours a week?
The Problems You Face When You Don’t Use a Social Management App
So if you aren’t using a social media management tool like HootSuite, here are the problems that you face:
- You have to visit each social network to read your status updates, timeline etc.
- You need to go to each social site to compose an update
- When it comes to scheduling your messages in advance, the options are slim to none
- If you’re using more than one person to manage a Twitter or Facebook account, there’s no way for you to work in teams
- The painful list of shortcomings goes on and on…
HootSuite Comes to the Rescue
If you use HootSuite as a social network management tool, all of these problems are solved and you get a lot more bonus features. Here are some of the things that HootSuite has to offer:
- Update multiple social accounts and networks at once (e.g. multiple Twitter, Facebook accounts etc.)
- Schedule messages in advance
- Provides a great way for you to work in teams to manage your accounts
- Gives you analytics and insights to re-tweets, clicks, likes on Facebook and much more
- Create drafts of messages and send them whenever you like
- Add different streams of your social networks into one consolidated dashboard organized into nice looking columns.
- Free mobile apps for iPhone, Android, iPad, and others platforms.
HootSuite is Free with Premium Features
Most of the features that are mentioned are bundled with the free version of HootSuite. If you need to work in teams, need a lot of reporting, or have more than 5 social networks, you’ll want to sign up for their Pro plan which starts at $9.99 a month.
I do the social media management of my own networks in addition to our church’s, so I have a premium account. I switched over from TweetDeck which quite frankly, doesn’t have half of the features that HootSuite does.
I’ve also created a video that shows you how to use most of the features in HootSuite. Check it out.
If you’d like to sign up for a free HootSuite account, you can click on the button below.
[x_button shape=”square” size=”large” float=”none” href=”https://notashamedofthegospel.com/hootsuitego” target=”blank” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]Check out HootSuite[/x_button]
Disclosure: To pay for a portion of the costs of this online ministry, I’ve decided to sign up to become a HootSuite affiliate. That means that you can keep your free HootSuite account forever but if you upgrade to the Pro version, HootSuite will pay me a commission. I wanted to disclose this information and to let you know that whether I’m a HootSuite affiliate or not, I still would give HootSuite the same 5 star review.
How about you? Do you use any tools to manage your social networks? Which ones are your favorite?