Have you ever had a warning sign right in front of you and you just ignored it? Maybe it was a speed limit sign, you chose to ignore it, and you ended up getting a ticket.
Or maybe someone told you not to go out with that guy or gal but you did it anyways, and you ended up in a bad relationship or on a bad date.
There are warning signs in life, sometimes we listen to them and sometimes we ignore them to our own peril.
Has This Ever Happened to You?
When I was a kid, I loved to play with my older sister. She was one cool girl and she always had these creative ideas when it came to playing.
One day, we were stuck at home so my sister had the cool idea of acting as if we were in a jungle and we would jump from one piece of furniture to another, as if we were swinging from trees like monkeys.
She got up on the couch and with a giant leap, she jumped over to the chair. I followed her. Then she jumped from the chair to the coffee table, I did the same.
Both of us started chuckling pretty loudly as we found our new adventure to be such a delight. My mom left the kitchen and my dad came out of the bedroom to find out what all the commotion was that was going on in our living room.
“Get off the furniture, kids, you’re going to hurt yourselves!” They yelled as they brought our new-found adventure to a stop.
Or so they thought.
We immediately paused what we were doing until they left the room. Once they were gone, we started jumping again from furniture piece to furniture piece.
This time, we were sure to be quiet so that we didn’t get caught.
My sister jumped from a brown cloth chair and on to a tall standing lamp as she swung around it with one arm. I got up on the same chair to follow in her footsteps. I leaped from the chair and I grabbed on to the lamp with one arm when all of a sudden….
I let out a HUGE scream at the top of my little voice. It was so loud, that my parents rushed to the living room one more time to see what was going on.
Little did I know it at the time, but tens and tens of volts of electricity had just gone through my body. As it turned out, when I jumped onto the lamp and grabbed it with one arm, I came into contact with a loose and exposed wire at the base of where the light bulb was.
I got electrocuted in a BIG way!
Needless to say, we threw away that lamp and my parents took me to the emergency room.
Of course, I was shocked at what had just happened (no pun intended).
My parents had warned me that I was going to get hurt if I didn’t stop monkeying around and I didn’t listen. I learned the hard way.
The Big Warning Sign
We need to tell them that if they don’t stop monkeying around, they’re going to go into eternity without Jesus and they will be shocked when they see what’s in store for them.
Some people will listen to the warnings and others will not. Either way, we need to warn others of what’s waiting for them if they die without the Savior.
Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not telling you to go to unsaved people and tell them, “The Bible says you’re going to hell so you’d better repent now and trust in Jesus!”
That would be foolish. There’s a much better way where you can lead people down a path and get them to admit with their own mouth whether they deserve heaven or hell.
I’ll be showing you this method in a later blog post so make sure you sign up to get the weekly blog post by entering your email in the sign up box at the top of this blog post.
It works wonders and it will surprise you at how non-offensive it is.
5 Verses About God’s Judgement
For now, I leave you with 5 sobering verses about the judgement that is to come and how those in the Bible warned the unsaved of the judgement:
1. Jesus said in John 3:18, “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
2. In the last verse of that same chapter Jesus writes, “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
3. Paul said in Acts 17:30-31, “Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”
4. 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 speaks of the judgement, “…Since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.”
5. Colossians 1:28, “Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.”
So what do you think of these verses? Have you found it difficult to talk with others about God’s judgement?